Structure Sites With Gatsby, The Blazing Quick React Framework (Fixed Websites Meetup).

Building Websites With Gatsby, The Blazing Fast React Framework (Static Sites Meetup)

< things type =" application/x-shockwave-flash" design =" width:425 px; height:355 px;" information="// www.youtube.com/v/AQGzRqYJa8k?color2=FBE9EC&version=3&modestbranding=1" >< param name=" film "worth="// www.youtube.com/v/AQGzRqYJa8k?color2=FBE9EC&version=3&modestbranding=1"/ >< img alt=" Structure Sites With Gatsby , The Blazing Quick React Structure (Static Sites Meetup)" src=" https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AQGzRqYJa8k/default.jpg "/ > Discover more about Contentful in our communities: Slack- https://www.contentful.com/slack/ Contentful Online forum- https://www.contentfulcommunity.com/ Respond is hugely popular. Lots of people, after constructing a couple of apps with it, begin to wonder if they could/should construct their sites with React also. Kyle Mathews ran into this problem and decided to build Gatsby, a site framework where you utilize React & webpack & babel and other parts of the contemporary JS landscape to construct blazing-fast websites. Come discover more about Gatsby and why you must attempt it on your next web task.

Talk provide by Kyle Mathews – https://twitter.com/@kylemathews< things type=" application/x-shockwave-flash" design=" width:425 px; height:355 px;" information="// www.youtube.com/v/yo3W6lbNIRM?color2=FBE9EC&version=3&modestbranding=1" >

< param name =" film" worth ="// www.youtube.com/v/yo3W6lbNIRM?color2=FBE9EC&version=3&modestbranding=1"/ > Steve Bruner presents Building Powerful Sites and Web Applications with Piklist at WordPress New York City Meetup at AlleyNYC on Sep 17 2013.

At Matt Mullenweg’s “State of the Word” discussion at WordCamp San Francisco this year, he revealed the outcomes of 30,000 individual study about WordPress usage … only 6% of users utilize WordPress as a pure blogging system. That leaves 94% of users kicking WordPress up a notch … Piklist helps you do that.

In this presentation, Steve demonstrates how you can develop effective Sites and even a Web Application with WordPress, using the Piklist framework.
– Easily include fields to your Custom-made Post Type, Taxonomy, User Profile and Settings Pages.
– Build Widgets with just a bit of code.
– Develop your own Dashboard Widgets.
therefore much more …

Steve walks through a Contact Management system developed with Piklist and reveals how you can easily personalize it to your specific requirements.

Last but not least there is also a sneak peek of the upcoming Piklist Fields Manager. Point … Click … Add a field. No coding needed!

Steve Bruner is the organizer of the WordPress New York City Meetup, CEO of SlipFire LLC; a WordPress development store, and Partner at Piklist LLC; a business constructing the most powerful WordPress structure offered: Piklist.

http://www.meetup.com/WordPressNYC/events/134712632/ More videos: http://wpnyc.org/video/ Video: Punkcast # 2332-02.

Webcast support: NYI http://nyi.net.
Video Rating:/ 5

6 thoughts to “Structure Sites With Gatsby, The Blazing Quick React Framework (Fixed Websites Meetup).”

  1. thanks for the video ! I have a question, when this goes to the production server, and you add content to contentful, how will this update ? Does it mean we need to add a deployment system to contentful so that each time there's a new content we rerender ? If this is the case, what happens when I have 100 posts ? Or if i want to handle comments and that my app has let's say 500 comments per day ? That's 500 deployments per day… How should we handle this ? Thanks +Contentful

  2. is the reason why the new address fields (created at 29 mins in) didn't work because Steve forgot a closing php tag?

  3. I just found Piklist, really excited with it's capabilities whilst conforming to WP coding ways.
    I can't believe the drowsiness of the audience. If I were there I'd be clapping half of the time!

Comments are closed.